Work with us
Senior Project Manager
Tuesday 28 February 2023
At Alserkal Inititaives, the senior project manager is a skilled problem solver and team leader, accountable for the success of initiatives and projects across the business, often coordinating efforts across departments and managing cross-functional teams. Experienced in reporting progress to business owners or the executive team, the senior project manager is also able to inspire team members to see the big picture and push toward their shared goals. The ideal candidate for this pivotal role at Alserkal Initiatives will have a natural curiosity and desire to learn, attention to detail, and the ability to map out projects and workflows with outcomes in mind, while also being able to manage people working across a diverse range of functions.
Working closely with and reporting into the Deputy Director of Alserkal Initiatives, the Senior Project Manager will be tasked with monitoring the status of all projects across the business. From late-June for a period of 4 months, the Senior Project Manager will also serve as maternity cover for the Deputy Director, reporting project status on a weekly basis to the Executive Director and exercising oversight of all projects.
The senior project manager will monitor all projects across the business to ensure that all business units consistently deliver distinctive and exceptional experiences, and that these experiences are delivered in keeping with the values and principles of Alserkal Initiatives.
Develop processes and systems for project management across the business
- Create processes and templates as necessary to ensure the smooth management of projects.
- Have oversight of how teams are working on projects, identifying areas where efficiency can be improved, and working with the teams to find solutions.
Quality control over all projects across Alserkal Initiatives
- Collaborate with stakeholders to document project scope, deliverables, goals, risks, blockers, success measures, and estimated resources needed.
- Ensure that projects remain in-scope and meet budgetary, scheduling, and quality requirements.
- Ensure that project managers create, manage, and distribute project communications artifacts like charters, schedules, and budgets in a timely manner.
- Provide project status updates at predetermined time intervals to all stakeholders.
- Lead weekly project review meetings, for all live projects, ensuring approved key milestones and budgets are adhered to and appropriate approvals are sought for any changes.
- Communicate routinely to management, customers, project team members, and other stakeholders, actively soliciting and addressing customer and project team feedback.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Director of Finance to ensure project budgets are set and to then monitor those project budgets and staffing requirements.
- Oversee adherence to legally binding requirements on Projects.
- Plan, schedule, monitor, and report on activities related to the project, including subcontractor monitoring
- Establish key project criteria metrics in concert with Project Manager and Director of Operations.
- Develop project control and reporting procedures and manage changes in operational plansPlan and lead status review meetings, which may include internal team members, vendors, and customers, as required.
- Oversight of training, management, and motivational requirements of each of the project teams, as well as resolving team conflicts.
- Resolve technical and operational issues as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent project management skills including prioritisation, scheduling, and documentation.
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong grasp of current communication, project tracking, budget management technologies.
- Excellent meeting, workshop, and conference facilitation skills, with proven knowledge of how to foster attendee participate and collaboration in small and large groups.
- Knowledge and experience of / with different project management frameworks, including waterfall and agile.
- Solid technical understanding and ability to define and refine requirements through a project lifecycle.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to manage shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Willing to mentor more junior team members and share knowledge.
- Positive, can-do attitude with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced work environment.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, business management, or related area of study.
- 5-7 years of experience as a Project Manager or similar position responsible for defining and managing project scope, timelines, profitability, and effective delivery of products or services.
- Experience in managing delivery of customer-facing and internally facing products or services.
- PMI or PMP certification or similar from an accredited organization.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with industry-standard word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software programs.
- Experience working in the cultural sector is a plus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This job description summarises the main key responsibilities of your role but there may be other reasonable requests made and other responsibilities included from time to time.
This is a project based position for a period up till 30th November 2023. year. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, from 10am to 6pm. Saturdays, Sundays and overtime might be required during intense periods and/or while preparing to deliver special projects and events.
About Alserkal Initiatives
Alserkal is a socially responsible and forward-thinking cultural enterprise dedicated to developing sustainable models for homegrown initiatives with a commitment to nurturing alternative ideas and impactful research with regional relevance. Founded in 2007 by Emirati businessman and patron Abdelmonem Bin Eisa Alserkal, Alserkal is renowned for its ground-breaking artistic productions, experimental approach and for the creation of culturally meaningful spaces that inspire and shape communities. Alserkal has three primary areas of activity: cultivating a creative economy in Dubai and building a collaborative network of civic-cultural institutions through its renowned cultural district, Alserkal Avenue; providing advisory services to public and private sector entities; and, supporting public artist commissions, residencies, research grants and educational programmes through its non-profit, Alserkal Arts Foundation.
Alserkal has transformed the cultural landscape of Dubai and the UAE through the creation of a thriving, region-specific community of over 70 contemporary art galleries, visual and performing arts organisations, designers and entrepreneur-led businesses at Alserkal Avenue, providing an essential platform for the development of creative industries in the region.
Alserkal utilises its collective expertise in arts initiatives and cultural production, heritage creation, community building and engagement, as well as urbanism and planning for creative industries, to guide public and private sector entities in developing sustainable and responsive business models.