Work with us
Wednesday 5 July 2023
The Alserkal Advisory Programmes Executive will play a key support role in delivering client programmes, and will work closely across Alserkal central teams as well as the client team to help deliver a robust calendar of programmes, whilst ensuring the highest standards of quality that represent the Alserkal Advisory brand
This is a fixed-term position till 31st December 202 and reports directly to the Advisory Director.
Delivery of Client Programme
- Assist in developing and executing an exciting and rigorous multi-disciplinary programme of talks, workshops, performances, film screenings and tours. These are experimental, and innovative interdisciplinary projects that bring together visual arts, music, performance, design, dance, theatre, commissions, public events, and special projects
- Coordinate and delivery of the programmes that meet the client’s objectives.
- Support delivery of collaborations with other organisations, where required, on engagement activities with a focus on content creation and control.
- Support delivery of Client Programmes from concept through to execution, including project plans, deadlines, team assignments and progress reports.
- Coordinate content collation, including but not limited to concept notes for programmes, briefing other teams as required on themes and inspirations, and assigning deadlines as required.
- Handle daily administrative tasks associated to the smooth running of the client project including budget management, portal management, reporting and general admin
- Coordinate with all internal teams to ensure successful implementation of public programmes.
Required skills + experience
- 2+ years’ experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment in a related field
- A proven track record in project management and the delivery of projects with budgets exceeding AED 100,000
- An in-depth understanding and appreciation of the current public engagement and positioning of Alserkal Avenue
- A demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to arts and culture
- Attention to detail and efficient problem solving
- Educated to a Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent and holding relevant professional qualifications.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent budget-keeping and reporting skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Work experience in the GCC or wider region desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to develop positive, cooperative relationships across functional boundaries.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work within an ambiguous constantly changing environment
Position type and expected hours of work
This is a fixed term position till 31st December 2023. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, from 10am to 6pm. Saturdays and overtime might be required during intense periods and/or during special projects and events.
This job description summarises the main key responsibilities of your role but there may be other reasonable requests made and other responsibilities included from time to time.
Alserkal is a socially responsible and forward-thinking cultural enterprise dedicated to developing sustainable models for homegrown initiatives with a commitment to nurturing alternative ideas and impactful research with regional relevance. Founded in 2007 by Emirati businessman and patron Abdelmonem Bin Eisa Alserkal, Alserkal is renowned for its ground-breaking artistic productions, experimental approach and for the creation of culturally meaningful spaces that inspire and shape communities. Alserkal has three primary areas of activity: cultivating a creative economy in Dubai and building a collaborative network of civic-cultural institutions through its renowned cultural district, Alserkal Avenue; providing advisory services to public and private sector entities; and, supporting public artist commissions, residencies, research grants and educational programmes through its non-profit, Alserkal Arts Foundation.
Alserkal has transformed the cultural landscape of Dubai and the UAE through the creation of a thriving, region-specific community of over 70 contemporary art galleries, visual and performing arts organisations, designers and entrepreneur-led businesses at Alserkal Avenue, providing an essential platform for the development of creative industries in the region.
Alserkal utilises its collective expertise in arts initiatives and cultural production, heritage creation, community building and engagement, as well as urbanism and planning for creative industries, to guide public and private sector entities in developing sustainable and responsive business models.
About Alserkal Advisory
Alserkal Advisory is a multidisciplinary practice comprised of Alserkal’s founding team in addition to thinkers, researchers, and specialists in diverse fields from multiple geographies. The advisory practice helps develop cultural production and establish spaces for polyphonic voices. The Advisory challenges conventional business practices, embracing a mindful approach to reimagining cultural destinations and crafting audience-specific public programmes that resonate with our communities, while also assessing our impact on society, the environment, and local economies.
Alserkal Advisory has three principal areas of expertise: cultural production, including audience-specific programming, flagship events, and public art commissioning; developing cultural institutions and destinations, ranging from establishing not-for-profit entities to building sustainable communities; and policy-making for creative industries, including guidance and support on infrastructure and government/economic licensing.
Alserkal Advisory is part of Alserkal, a cultural enterprise based in Dubai, that was founded by Abdelmonem Bin Eisa Alserkal.