Work with us
Jr. Marketing Executive
Friday 9 June 2023
About Alserkal Initiatives
Alserkal is a socially responsible and forward-thinking cultural enterprise dedicated to developing sustainable models for homegrown initiatives with a commitment to nurturing alternative ideas and impactful research with regional relevance. Founded in 2007 by Emirati businessman and patron Abdelmonem Bin Eisa Alserkal, Alserkal is renowned for its ground-breaking artistic productions, experimental approach and for the creation of culturally meaningful spaces that inspire and shape communities. Alserkal has three primary areas of activity: cultivating a creative economy in Dubai and building a collaborative network of civic-cultural institutions through its renowned cultural district, Alserkal Avenue; providing advisory services to public and private sector entities; and, supporting public artist commissions, and residencies, research grants and educational programmes through its non-profit, Alserkal Arts Foundation.
Alserkal has transformed the cultural landscape of Dubai and the UAE through the creation of a thriving, region-specific community of over 70 contemporary art galleries, visual and performing arts organisations, designers and entrepreneur-led businesses at Alserkal Avenue, providing an essential platform for the development of creative industries in the region.
Alserkal utilises its collective expertise in arts initiatives and cultural production, heritage creation, community building and engagement, as well as urbanism and planning for creative industries, to guide public and private sector entities in developing sustainable and responsive business models.
This role is part of a central division within Alserkal Avenue with the following main tasks of supporting and working closely with the Communications Manager.
- Media relations support - updating and maintaining the international PR contacts list;
- Sending out press releases and sharing Alserkal Avenue news with the press list on a regular basis.
- General support for uploads to the website, collection of missing information on the website, ensuring that content on the homepage is regularly updated and refreshed on a weekly basis.
- General support for social media, including content creation, community management and posting as required.
- Administrative support for the marketing team in the form of raising PRs, maintaining the expense sheet for weekly reconciliations internally and monthly reconciliations with Finance.
- Administrative support with monthly and project-based reporting.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This job description summarises the main key responsibilities of your role but there may be other reasonable requests made and other responsibilities included from time to time.
This is a full-time role. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, from 10am to 6pm. Saturdays, Sundays and overtime might be required during intense periods and/or while preparing to deliver special projects and events.