Work with us
Saturday 31 December 2022
Alserkal Avenue, Dubai
We are looking for an experienced Content Manager to join a dynamic and fast-paced team to take on editorial responsibility for alserkal.online, alongside the creation of all content for Alserkal and its initiatives. The role demands someone who thrives in a high-intensity position environment and who has a strong track record of delivering editorial projects from concept to publishing. The ideal candidate will have experience in commissioning multimedia pieces, be passionate about storytelling and a fresh perspective on how to deliver key messages.
This full-time position reports directly to the Director of Marketing at Alserkal.
- Develop and deliver a content strategy for alserkal.online, outlining a clear content journey from website to social media, newsletter and offline touchpoints
- Editorial management of alserkal.online, including planning the editorial calendar, commissioning work to freelancers, writing articles and managing video and podcast production
- Ensure content calendar is followed, with deadlines being met consistently
- Review visitor analytics to alserkal.online, making suggested changes and improvements based on statistics
- Management of the freelancer roster to ensure diverse forms of expression and a variety of perspectives are delivered
- Work with the marketing director to ensure that strategic objectives for the marketing team and the organization are being met through alserkal.online
Corporate Communications Content
- Work with Marketing Director to develop key messages and message houses for Alserkal and its initiatives as well as key messages for spokespeople as required
- Responsible for corporate communications, including drafting and editing letters, speeches, corporate profiles, case studies and any other writing that may be required from the organisation
- Storyboard brand videos, documentation and social media content for corporate communications, creating narratives and working with a team to bring the concept to life, and with Head of Brand on brand alignment
- Handle copywriting of press materials, including but not limited to press releases, interviews, statements and speeches
- Review and edit copy created by other members of the team
- Ensure style guide is regularly reviewed and maintained, and being followed in all communications
- Assist Marketing Director in ensuring tone of voice is implemented across our brands and subsidiaries, training new team members and auditing across the team
Digital Content Creation
- Development of engaging content to build the Alserkal brand and all its initiatives across a variety of communication channels, from social media to newsletters, website and any other owned or earned media.
- Support the Head of Brand & Design in the development of event and brand campaigns.
- Copyediting for all brochures and exhibition catalogues, where content is supplied by sub-brand teams.
- Support the Head of Brand on the development of signage, wayfinding and visitor experience, where required.
- Creating engaging content to build the brand across digital including text and video content for social media, content for newsletters, and any new channels.
- Develop copy for presentations, copyediting and proof reading against required, often tight, deadlines.
- Work with third party freelancers and agencies as required, writing briefs, reviewing proposals and ensuring work delivered is as per contract
Knowledge & Education
- Educated to a Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent and holding relevant professional qualifications in Writing/Marketing/Communications/Public Relations/ or similar
- Strong editorial, copywriting and content creation experience
- Experience of developing and managing multimedia content
- A demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to arts and culture within the MEASA region
- 7+ years’ experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Proven editorial skills, with experience of creating an editorial calendar, and responsibility for the process from start to end
- Affinity for strategy
- Budget management skills
- Strong reporting and analysis
- Strong writing skills, and able to adapt tone of voice to different subjects
- Multimedia management, eg development of videos and podcasts
- Ability to develop and balance key messaging
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively as part of a team
- High levels of self-motivation, with the ability to work within an environment subject to change
- Resilient and comfortable working under pressure
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to multitask, simultaneously manage multiple projects at once, while ensuring highest quality execution possible within the initial deadlines set
- Confident and outgoing, used to networking and substantial experience in outward facing roles
- Well spoken, with great presentation and communication skills
- Innovative and entrepreneurial in their approach, always looking for ways to improve our offering
- Enthusiastic and engaged, actively seeking feedback on his/her performance and behaviour in order to continually improve the performance, and seeking out opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, from 10am to 6pm, with Saturdays/Sundays and/or overtime required during busy times or leading up to projects.