Work with us
Friday 31 December 2021
Alserkal Avenue, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Essential Functions & Objectives
The Alserkal Programmes Executive plays a key role in delivering public programmes, multi-disciplinary initiatives and related projects involving members of the Alserkal Avenue community. The position plays a key role within a newly developed Special Projects team that will focus on increasing the visibility of Alserkal Avenue as a creative community and the region’s foremost destination for contemporary arts and culture. The role will work closely across Alserkal central teams to help deliver the organisation’s robust calendar of programmes.
This full-time position reports directly to the Special Projects Director.
Alserkal Programming & Community Activations
- · Assist in developing and executing an exciting and rigorous year-round, multi-disciplinary public programme of talks, workshops, performances, film screenings and tours.
- o These are experimental, and innovative interdisciplinary projects that bring together visual arts, music, performance, design, dance, theatre, commissions, public events, and special projects that engage Alserkal Avenue’s community and beyond.
- o The activations must take into account the art galleries and creative spaces within Alserkal Avenue to ensure alignment and consistent programming that promotes the Avenue as the foremost creative community in the region.
- Coordinate and deliver a robust and engaging Ramadan programme that activates the Avenue, in collaboration with our community members.
- Work closely with the community relations team to develop activations based on community feedback and needs.
- Ensure community-led activations are successfully executed keeping in mind a focus on footfall and commercial promotion of community members’ products and services.
- Build relationships with all community members with a view to create public programming that highlights their offering and draws attention to their concept while also appealing to the general public
- · Liaise with internal teams on warehouse takeovers by partners, educational institutions, design initiatives, etc.
- Support in coordination and delivery of Quoz Arts Fest, including an overarching theme and activations through the two-day festival.
- Execute programmes that feed into Alserkal Avenue community events such as Alserkal Art Week (in March and November)
- Coordinate and deliver new projects and activations that attract new and returning audiences to Alserkal Avenue.
- Work closely with the Programmes Project Manager to ideate and delivery programming by Alserkal outside of Alserkal Avenue.
- Support delivery of collaborations with other organisations on engagement activities alongside the Programmes Project Manager with a focus on content creation and control.
Project & Team Management
- Support delivery of all Alserkal Programmes from concept through to execution, including project plans, deadlines, team assignments and progress reports.
- Coordinate content collation, including but limited to concept notes for programmes, briefing the marketing team on themes and inspirations, and assigning deadlines as required.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Special Projects Team and Facilities Manager, to ensure successful implementation of public programmes.
- Coordinate and share programmes calendar and coordinate with wider community programming and special projects calendar to avoid any clashes in scheduling.
- Work with Community Relations Manager to ensure all community members are aware of the events calendar and that any programmes they may have are incorporated to the extent possible.
Required skills + experience
- 2+ years’ experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment in a related field
- A proven track record in project management and the delivery of projects with budgets exceeding AED 100,000
- An in-depth understanding and appreciation of the current public engagement and positioning of Alserkal Avenue
- A demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to arts and culture
- Attention to detail and efficient problem solving
- Educated to a Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent and holding relevant professional qualifications.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent budget-keeping and reporting skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Work experience in the GCC or wider region desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to develop positive, cooperative relationships across functional boundaries.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work within an ambiguous constantly changing environment
Position type and expected hours of work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Thursday, from 10am to 6pm. Saturdays and overtime might be required during intense periods and/or during special projects and events.
This job description summarises the main key responsibilities of your role but there may be other reasonable requests made and other responsibilities included from time to time.