Work with us
Tuesday August 31, 2021
Alserkal Avenue, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Essential Functions & Objectives
A unique opportunity to further develop Alserkal’s position as a socially responsible cultural enterprise dedicated to cultivating a creative economy and fostering creativity, talent and discourse. The position supports delivery of programmes and events which generate cross-cultural exchange. The Logistics Executive supports the Special projects team is bringing all events and programmes to life.
This full-time position reports directly to the Special Projects Manager.
Special Partnerships & Events
The Special Projects Team oversees the delivery of a strong schedule of year-round commercial activations with special partners, geared towards increasing Alserkal’s profitability in general.
- Support in delivery of a strong A to Z events management offering.
- Ensure flawless execution of commercial events ensuring client satisfaction and return
- Develop supplier network
- Ensure database is updated regularly
- Conduct planned preventative maintenance for Concrete in a timely manner
Owned Events and Programmes
The Special Projects Team oversees the delivery of the Alserkal Calendar of Programmes, including Quoz Arts Fest, March Art Week, November in Alserkal Avenue and any other key, owned commercial moments in the calendar
- Support execution of Alserkal Avenue’s annual schedule of owned events, to ensure they are successful in the audiences they attract and the reputation that they reinforce of Alserkal Avenue as the region’s primary arts and culture outpost.
- Support production and execution of Alserkal homegrown events including but not limited to outdoor activations, themed programmes, workshops, lates etc.
- Support project execution of March Art Week and November in Alserkal Avenue, including coordination across central teams to deliver initiatives seamlessly.
- Coordinate with Communications, Events, Technology and Facilities Management teams, to ensure successful implementation of public programmes
Required skills + experience
- Educated to a Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent and holding relevant professional qualifications in events management, design, architecture or similar
- A strong understanding and appreciation of Alserkal’s mission and values
- An interest in sustainability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- High levels of attention to detail in design, written communication and brand presence.
- Self-Motivated, with the ability to work within an ambiguous constantly changing environment
- Adaptable and receptive, consistently seeking feedback on performance and behaviour to continually improve and seek opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
- Innovative and proactive in approach, always looking to improve our offering
Position type and expected hours of work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Thursday, from 10am to 6pm. Saturdays and overtime might be required during intense periods and/or during special projects and events.
This job description summarises the main key responsibilities of your role but there may be other reasonable requests made and other responsibilities included from time to time.