Work with us
Freelance Graphic Designer
Saturday 8 May 2021
Alserkal Avenue, Dubai
We are looking for a Freelance Designer to help drive the creative direction at Alserkal, roll out the recent rebrand across all touchpoints, conceptualise and execute campaigns and create strong design across both digital and physical. This is a busy and demanding position that involves liaison with key stakeholders and partners, ownership of Alserkal’s branding and visual presence, and day-to-day responsibility for the design output for Alserkal, Alserkal Avenue, Alserkal Arts Foundation and Alserkal Advisory. Overtime work is expected in times of intensive workload and during special projects. Independent judgement, and organisational thoroughness are necessary to prioritise and complete tasks. The ability to influence and work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment is necessary, along with resilience and an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all it is essential to bring an experimental and creative approach to brand and design.
This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Marketing.
On a day-to-day basis the responsibilities encompass:
• 360-degree creative execution of new brand identity rollout
• Development of online and print projects
• Brand campaign conceptualisation, delivery and rollout
• Event campaign concept, delivery and rollout
• Overseeing and reviewing the design work of a junior designer
• Reviewing all collateral created within the marketing team, or by related agencies, eg social media posts
• Creating design templates for digital and social media
• Designing presentation decks with a quick turnaround
• Ensuring alserkal.online visually reflects the brands and continues to push boundaries
• Ensuring all touchpoints are on brand
• Briefing photographers and videographers for specific projects, ie event coverage, and overseeing the process and output
• Development of special merchandising products
• Collateral for events, including invitations, programmes, signage, wayfinding
• Liaison with internal stakeholders, external partners and Alserkal Avenue community members on design projects
• Ownership of any other in-house or third-party collateral that involves Alserkal Avenue’s branding and visual presence
• Ensure sustainability is at the heart of all design concepts and execution.
• A multi-disciplinary position that includes managing Alserkal branding identity as well as its umbrella initiatives.
Knowledge & Education
• A Bachelor’s degree in design, branding, illustration or related area
• 5-10 years experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• Excellent grasp of Adobe Creative Suite; proficiency with Mac OS X
• An in-depth understanding and appreciation of the current public engagement Alserkal Avenue
• A demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to arts and culture
• High levels of proficiency with the Adobe creative suite programmes
• Strong portfolio in art direction, branding and print, digital design campaigns
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team
• High levels of self-motivation, with the ability to work within an environment subject to change
• Confidence to present and explain ideas to the team and Alserkal partners
• The ability to grasp the needs of Alserkal as an organisation and consider practical solutions
• The ability to multitask and simultaneously manage multiple projects at once, while ensuring the highest quality execution possible within set deadlines
• Ability to accept constructive criticism
• Energy and drive with a focus on successful delivery
• Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to engage and build relationships with a range of stakeholders both internal and external
• Previous experience in managing budgets and timelines for design projects
• Ability to prioritise workflow and redirect agency projects to meet competing and changing deadlines
• Keen sense of attention to detail with a view to implementing and maintaining brand identity
• Contemporary art & culture
• Graphics and typography, as well as new developments in design software
• Staying up-to-date with current trends and techniques within graphic design industry
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position based in the Alserkal office. Working hours are Sunday – Thursday from 10AM to 6PM with overtime and weekend work needed in busy periods.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Freelance Graphic Designer" in the subject line.