Work with us
Monday 17 May 2021
Alserkal Avenue, Dubai
Overview of the position
Reporting to the Community Relations Manager, this exciting and challenging position brings a hands-on approach with responsibility for the maintenance of Alserkal Avenue as well as the management of fitouts and construction projects undertaken by Alserkal and any of its initiatives.
The role of Facilities Manager is suited to a customer-service-oriented, quick-thinking and resourceful individual with the ability to multi-task and prioritise, resulting in prompt and efficient delivery of services for our community members as well as internal stakeholders across the business as required. The Facilities Manager will not only be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance on site at Alserkal Avenue but will also provide key assistance to construction and fitout projects, manage entry and exits of new tenants and oversee the storage facilities for Alserkal.
Additionally, the Facilities Manager will be responsible for the execution of Alserkal’s on-ground sustainability efforts, from the installation of a solar power plant to sustainable waste management, in addition to training efforts to ensure community members act responsibly toward the environment in line with the ethos of Alserkal.
Administration & Management of Projects & Facilities
- Work closely with the Director of Leasing & Community Relations to formulate, review and monitor annual budgets for the department including all projected works, routine maintenance and continued upkeep costs.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an archive for all authorities and compliance documentation, ensuring storage and filing of official documents.
- Support the Community Relations team and community members with administration of service providers contracts, ensuring that all scope, terms and conditions are being implemented as per their contracts.
- Work closely with constituent Project Managers to monitor costs, schedules, and technical performance of component projects and operations, while working to ensure the ultimate success of the programme.
Management of Fitouts
- Oversee and manage the fit-out of premises for all new tenants including but not limited to approval of drawings, preparation of NOCs and undertakings, fit-out works, documentation, drawings, in turn ensuring a timely and efficient opening.
- Oversee and manage the departure of tenants at the end of respective leases ensuring that all premises are restored and returned as per all contractual and financial agreements.
- Serve as liaison for all community members who wish to undertake any maintenance, including but not limited to air conditioning maintenance, changes to façade of premises, any internal fit-out reworks, access to rooftops etc.
- Build rapport and maintaining good working relationships with all community and management stakeholders.
- Conduct daily inspections of all ongoing fitouts and report any anomalies.
- Prepare weekly fitout reports and debrief the Community Relations team and management of any concerns.
- Liaise with community members to provide consistent and efficient services whilst taking in any complaints and concerns and addressing them to relevant parties.
- Keep the Alserkal Avenue fitout guidelines up to date with decisions by management, any updates to codes issued by DM and DCD and any other relevant authorities, and ensuring it is always aligned with Alserkal’s sustainability agenda.
- Manage the relationship with the IFM and Security Provider on record, ensuring all PPMs are in place, reviewed on a regular basis and that SLAs are consistently met across the board.
- Serve as the point of contact and liaison for the integrated facilities management provider.
- Oversee all communal areas of Alserkal Avenue and ensure regular upkeep of Alserkal Avenue, Concrete and all spaces operated by Alserkal with the assistance of onsite facilities team.
- Manage and coordinate our team of onsite caretakers and allocate their tasks when and where needed.
- Prepare and submit monthly status reports on all ongoing and pending works, budgetary updates and ongoing issues.
- Regular oversight of maintenance and repairs in Alserkal Avenue and in Concrete, including weekly / monthly reports on maintenance and repairs as agreed.
- Budget management of the FM cost centre.
- Responsible for all health and safety governance of Alserkal Avenue and Concrete, including liaising with external contractors on permit approvals ahead of carrying out any works and ensuring health and safety standards are constantly being met.
- Ongoing responsibility for meter readings as part of phase 1 of Alserkal Avenue.
- Regular monitoring and follow through on maintenance of all utilities and services within Alserkal Avenue including LV rooms, gas rooms and waste management.
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs.
- Develop and implement efficient storage solutions to optimise the use of available space.
- Conduct monthly trainings with the IFM and Security teams, ensuring they are up to the expected standard, and always aligned with Alserkal’s values, culture and ethos.
- Conduct regular competitive / market analysis to ensure we have the best prices from our IFM providers.
Public Realm, Projects & Commissions
- Liaise closely with the Foundation and Special Projects teams to work on any structural or engineering requirements to ensure delivery on all construction and build of commissions.
- Liaise closely with and support our in-house Brand & Design team on various projects in the public realm, including but not limited to production and installation of new signage, fit out of Alserkal-managed spaces.
- Liaise closely with the Special Projects team on any build, construction or fitout required for the execution of an event managed by the Special Projects team.
- Prepare and manage the build when required of exhibitions, pop up spaces and commission spaces, ensuring timely opening and break down post event.
- Initiate, develop and execute sustainability, accessibility and eco-friendly initiatives for Alserkal offices and Alserkal Avenue.
- Ensure the delivery of the solar power system on time and on-budget, liaising with the team from the Solar Power company as well as any internal stakeholders, and reporting on progress on a weekly basis.
- Oversee the execution of various sustainable solutions across the Avenue, from project plan to delivery and commissioning.
- Oversee and review monthly waste management reports and analyse to ensure that waste management efforts are optimized for the most efficient outcomes.
- Responsible for education of community members with regard to facilities available on site.
- Advise on sustainable solutions as well as environmental impact for all aspects of public realm.
- Advise on sustainable solutions as well as environmental impact for all aspects of exhibitions and commissions and work closely with the team to try to get the development of artistic interventions, exhibitions and commissions to be as close to carbon neutral as possible.
- Advise on sustainable solutions in relation to any advisory projects as required.
Skills/ Education and Experience Requirements
- A minimum of 6 years in a managerial role within the area of facilities management; demonstrable experience on construction projects / managing complex engineering solutions is essential.
- Relevant professional qualification in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to read, understand and make assessments of architectural, structural and MEP technical drawings.
- Previous experience with reviewing comprehensive and technical contracts.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate with people at all levels and execute clear and concise business correspondence.
- Possess good negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Well-developed time management skills including the ability to identify, prioritize and complete tasks and projects in an effective and timely manner. The ability to multi-task is essential.
- Ability to make independent decisions and effectively deal with pressure and tight deadlines including emergency situations which need quick thinking and swift resolution.
- Capacity to think strategically and handle the large responsibility of keeping a dynamic and complex community running ensuring all technical, logistical and maintenance aspects are running smoothly.
Hours of work:
Sunday – Thursday 10am – 6pm
Overtime work will be expected in times of intensive workload and during special projects and events.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Facilities Manager" in the subject line.