Work with us
Tuesday August 31, 2021
Alserkal Avenue, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Essential Functions & Objectives
The Events Executive focuses on contributing to the commercial success of Alserkal Avenue through managing commercial accounts looking to host events across Alserkal’s event spaces. This includes supporting the Special Projects team on addressing commercial space rental inquiries, developing commercial proposals, business development, , supporting to deliver partner and Alserkal branded events and sponsorship. The role is responsible for ensuring that all inquiries and administrative requirements related to events and sponsorship at addressed at the highest quality.
This full-time position reports directly to the Associate Director of Special Projects
Special Projects & Events
The Events Executive assists in the delivery of a strong schedule of year-round commercial activations with special partners, geared towards increasing Alserkal’s profitability.
- Support in the development Alserkal’s events space pipeline
- Respond to all incoming event inquires in a timely manner (via phone call, email or in person)
- Conduct tours and site visits of Alserkal’s commercial event spaces for potential clients, always ensuring a seamless client experience
- Create and manage Alserkal’s commercial contracts and any relevant administrative documents for space rental and brand activations
- Support the delivery of a strong A to Z events management offering through booking suppliers, budget management, cash settlements, execution etc.
- Ensure Alserkal’s brand guidelines are clearly communicated to Alserkal’s clients
- Assist with business development that adds new clients to the Alserkal database and helps build pipelines
- Foster existing client relationships for repeat business
- Own the schedule for Alserkal’s commercial events calendar by blocking out dates and spaces on the share AA calendar
- Ensure all commercial client leads are logged onto Salesforce/ CRM system, alongside continually managing, updating and populating client database
- Manage all client debriefs, with input from the Events and Sponsorship team to develop and enhance Alserkal’s client experience at all times
- Archive and organize all contracts, invoices and client information accordingly.
- Manage and take ownership of gifting ideas, acquirement and budgeting for Special Projects’ team clients / partners
- Manage client briefing sessions and serve as a liaison between the client and Alserkal’s internal team functions such as compliance, support staff, marketing, leasing, programme etc.
We are a multidisciplinary practice comprised of Alserkal’s founding team in addition to thinkers, researchers, and specialists in diverse fields from multiple geographies. Our advisory practice helps develop cultural production and establish spaces for polyphonic voices. We challenge conventional business practices, embracing a conscious approach to reimagining cultural destinations and crafting audience-specific public programmes that resonate with our communities, while also assessing our impact on society, the environment, and local economies.
- Support the development, research and execution of strategy to fulfil business development targets with a focus on positioning Alserkal as the consultant of choice for cultural business development
- Support development of proposals to build consulting pipeline
- Contribute to market research
Required skills + experience
- 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment in a related field
- Educated to a Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent and holding relevant professional qualifications.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent budget-keeping and reporting skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work within an ambiguous constantly changing environment
Position type and expected hours of work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Thursday, from 10am to 6pm. Saturdays and overtime might be required during intense periods and/or during special projects and events.
This job description summarises the main key responsibilities of your role but there may be other reasonable requests made and other responsibilities included from time to time.