Work with us
Events & Brand Activations Manager
Thursday October 28, 2021
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Essential Functions & Objectives
The Events & Brand Activations Manager role is a key position within the Alserkal team, focusing on business development, including commercial space rental, cultural consulting, partner events and owned events and sponsorship. The role is responsible for executing special initiatives undertaken by the Alserkal brand that broaden the scope of Alserkal as a business. The Special Projects Manager is responsible for ensuring that all elements relating to their projects are accounted for and delivered.
This full-time position reports directly to the Associate Director of Events & Brand Activations at Alserkal.
Special Projects & Events
The Events & Brand Activations Manager manages the delivery of a strong schedule of year-round commercial activations with special partners, geared towards increasing Alserkal’s profitability.
- Actively develop Alserkal’s events space pipeline
- Book events to meet commercial targets
- Work closely with the Marketing team to produce and promote a cohesive communications plan that emphasizes and brings home Alserkal’s positioning as the UAE’s most exclusive events partner.
- Responsible for the delivery of a strong A to Z events management offering.
- Focus on business development that adds new clients to the Alserkal database and helps build pipelines
- Foster existing client relationships for repeat business
The Events & Brand Activations Manager supports the delivery of Quoz Arts Fest, March Art Week, November in Alserkal Avenue and any other key, owned commercial moments in the calendar by securing sponsorship.
- Work with the Director of Special Projects and business operations to develop a strategy for commercializing community events.
- Securing sponsorship for Alserkal owned events including Quoz Arts Fest, March Art Week, November in Alserkal, Collectors Programme, Galleries Weekend, Summer Programme and fall activations.
- Support planning and logistics for March Art Week and Fall at Alserkal Avenue, ensuring deadlines and budgets are met.
Strategy & Team Management
- Work closely with the wider team to ensure the delivery of assets for all special projects, as well as events and initiatives, and monitoring ROI for the business and the projects
- Day-to-day management of any special projects that may be initiated within the business
- Responsible for gathering insights, presenting analysis and identifying opportunities
- Contribute to the setting of annual budgets for special projects and owned events, aligning with the overall business strategy, ensuring that cost-saving measures and innovative solutions are proposed where possible
- Work with third-party freelancers and agencies as required
- Contribute to creation of systems and processes that benefit the organisation
Required skills + experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment in a related field
- Educated to a Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent and holding relevant professional qualifications.
- A proven track record in project management and the delivery of projects with budgets exceeding AED 300,000
- Analytical mindset with the ability to develop strategic imperatives based on business analytics whilst driving practical value add solutions
- Strong understanding of business fundamentals and drivers of financial, service and operational success
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent budget-keeping and reporting skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Sound project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once while ensuring highest quality execution possible within deadlines.
- Work experience in the GCC or wider region desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to develop positive, cooperative relationships across functional boundaries.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work within an ambiguous constantly changing environment
Position type and expected hours of work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Thursday, from 10am to 6pm. Saturdays and overtime might be required during intense periods and/or during special projects and events.
This job description summarises the main key responsibilities of your role but there may be other reasonable requests made and other responsibilities included from time to time.