Work with us
Community Development Co-ordinator/Manager
Wednesday 31 May 2023
Alserkal Avenue, Dubai
This role is part of a central division within Alserkal Avenue with the following main tasks
- Leasing and property management support
- Lead management and relationship building/management.
- Community maintenance and day-to-day Avenue operations support
The Partnership & Sponsorship Manager identifies opportunities to make Alserkal’s programs attractive for partners and sponsors, manages the client relationships and delivery of both financial and non-financial targets.
- Outreach to identify potential leads in line with internal criteria and strategy.
- Maintain and manage Renewals of current tenants and maintain 100% occupancy for all leasable units.
- Close on warm/hot leads to meet annual budgets.
- Negotiating leases, including signing any barters, addendums, etc.
- Identify potential alternative income streams through unique projects and popups.
- Ensure compliance with Alserkal Avenue internal policies and criteria (Tenant Information Manual)
- Support all Alserkal initiatives business units when and if required.
- Support with periodic (weekly/monthly/quarterly/bi-annual/annual) reviews and analyses of Alserkal Avenue warehouses; ensure the warehouse management system and other systems of record are current and accurate.
- Manage Community internal and external presentations. Identifying key messaging and
working with internal departments to collate relevant information.
- Manage Community Financial reporting and forecasting annual budgets.
Understand the fit-out works process from start to completion as per AA Fit Out Guidelines. Suggesting and implementing alternative ways and new systems to enhance the Avenue’s leasing and operations.Develop and maintain good working relationships with managers and team members.
Qualifications and skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of community management experience is required.
- Self-motivated and effective, can cope with a dynamic and complex environment.
- Knowledge in database management as well as strong Microsoft Office product knowledge.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills; the ability to communicate with people at all levels and execute effective business correspondence.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions and be able to deal with pressure and tight deadlines effectively.
- Well-developed time management skills include identifying, prioritising, and timely completing tasks and projects.
- Process good negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- An ability to multi-task while working across different areas of the organization is imperative.
- Ability to understand the nurturing of good relationships with community and authorities officials.
- Capacity to think strategically and handle the large responsibility of keeping a community together and ensuring all technical and logistic aspects are running smoothly.
- Ability to manage emergency situations and find urgent solutions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This job description summarises the main key responsibilities of your role but there may be other reasonable requests made and other responsibilities included from time to time. This is a full-time role. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, from 10am to 6pm. Saturdays, Sundays and overtime might be required during intense periods and/or while preparing to deliver special projects and events.
About Alserkal Initiatives
is a socially responsible and forward-thinking cultural enterprise dedicated to developing sustainable models for homegrown initiatives with a commitment to nurturing alternative ideas and impactful research with regional relevance. Founded in 2007 by Emirati businessman and patron Abdelmonem Bin Eisa Alserkal, Alserkal is renowned for its ground- breaking artistic productions, experimental approach and for the creation of culturally meaningful spaces that inspire and shape communities. Alserkal has three primary areas of activity: cultivating a creative economy in Dubai and building a collaborative network of civic- cultural institutions through its renowned cultural district, Alserkal Avenue; providing advisory services to public and private sector entities; and, supporting public artist commissions, residencies, research grants and educational programmes through its non-profit, Alserkal Arts Foundation.
Alserkal has transformed the cultural landscape of Dubai and the UAE through the creation of a thriving, region-specific community of over 70 contemporary art galleries, visual and performing arts organisations, designers and entrepreneur-led businesses at Alserkal Avenue, providing an essential platform for the development of creative industries in the region.
Alserkal utilises its collective expertise in arts initiatives and cultural production, heritage creation, community building and engagement, as well as urbanism and planning for creative industries, to guide public and private sector entities in developing sustainable and responsive business models.