Work with us
Administration & Talent Executive
Thursday 20 May 2021
Alserkal Avenue, Dubai
About the Role
A multi-disciplinary position, the role of Administration & Talent Executive is perfect for a talented, process-oriented administrator with the ability to multi-task. Resourceful and friendly, the Administrative & Talent Executive will not only be responsible for the HR function at Alserkal but will also provide key assistance to senior management, in addition to overseeing the daily activities and the day-to-day running of the organisation's head office in Al Quoz.
The successful applicant will be a career administrator, who is just as comfortable managing the recruitment process as s/he is managing office inventory and providing an important support function to the Alserkal team.
A natural-born organizer, the Administrative & Talent Executive will display a keen sense of resourcefulness; have the ability to take charge and exercise independent judgment; and, have the confidence to prioritise and complete tasks on time.
Overtime work will be expected during times of intense workload and during special projects.
• Coordinate the implementation and management of HR processes between the Alserkal team and the Alserkal Group Head Office team until such time as these functions are brought in-house.
• Liaise with the office PRO for the processing of visas and ensure accuracy in the filling of forms and any associated processes - for residency and/or travel.
• Manage the organisation’s people management software (Zoho) and work closely with the IT team to ensure that the system is working optimally at all times.
• Manage the organisation’s Performance Management System – a custom-designed solution – ensuring that KPIs and targets are reviewed regularly.
• Ensure bi-annual performance reviews are conducted on time and that the directors and team members document all.
• Successfully keep all employee files, digital and hard copies, organised and up to date, including all HR contracts, job descriptions, applications, and employee details.
• Prepare job descriptions for open positions, liaising closely with the respective team directors.
• Manage the recruitment process, starting with the screening of potential applicants, conducting first-round interviews and preparing recommendations for the directors to review, schedule second and third-round interviews and tests as required with necessary team members.
• Manage the induction process and ensure scheduled coffees and catch-ups are conducted by directors.
• Oversee the recruitment and induction of interns for the business; liaise with directors to ascertain which teams require interns and ensure that they are recruited in a timely fashion and that teams have prepared robust schedules and deliverables for their interns.
• Oversee the recruitment and induction of volunteers for the business.
• Provide training, guidance, and direction on processes to other employees at Alserkal or as required.
• Execute learning and development programmes for the Alserkal team, working closely with team directors.
• Arrange, facilitate and attend organisation-level meetings, taking and sharing notes/minutes as required.
• This role may be required to assist with: personnel or payroll functions; handling and tracking of financial matters; including development or maintenance of the department budget, revenue, expenses, or other funding sources; development/revision of related procedures, practices, and forms.
• Manage all team-wide communications, ensuring that all members of all business units and teams are aware of any developments across other departments.
• Manage any work-related travel bookings/itineraries for members of the Alserkal team as required.
• Responsible for office equipment and supplies, including liaising with vendors and service personnel, as well as inventory and payments.
• Liaise with the Head of Brand & Design and Facilities Manager to ensure that sustainability initiatives are introduced seamlessly into the office culture.
• Oversee the daily upkeep/cleaning of all Alserkal offices, including Alserkal Arts Foundation and Concrete.
• Manage the performance of office support staff, setting staff rotas, managing days in lieu, and overseeing day-to-day office expenses.
• Organise any office-wide meetings and activities as necessary and ensure that all documentation/presentations required for the meetings are briefed in advance and are received on time.
• Work closely with the Executive Assistant to the Alserkal Founder and Alserkal Executive Director to prepare meeting rooms as necessary.
• Work closely with the Executive Assistant to the Alserkal Founder and Alserkal Executive Director to order Eid gifts and VIP gifts as necessary.
• Support AA team with projects and events during intense deadlines and delivery periods.
• Computer literacy for Mac and MS Office systems, including the respective word processing and spreadsheet programmes.
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills; the ability to communicate with people at all levels and execute effective business correspondence.
• Excellent analytical and organisational skills, including task-creation, schedule-development, management of databases, and effective management of resources.
• Self-motivated individual with high levels of accountability and integrity.
• Results-oriented with attention to detail and a client-servicing approach to all of Alserkal’s internal and external stakeholders.
• Passion for arts and culture and Alserkal projects.
• Exceptional time management skills that allow the candidate to attend to a broader range of activities, and get more done in less time than others.
Knowledge & Education
Educated to degree level or equivalent.
Previous experience of 3-5 years within an administrative or related field.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Thursday, from 10am to 6pm. Weekend work and overtime might be required during intense periods and/or during special projects.